Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2009 -- A Year In Review...

Well its that time of year again. The holidays are just around the corner, and after that we will be entering a new year. With that in mind, I decided that this is as good a say as any to give my "review" of things that have happened in the last year and how I feel about them. No, this is not a tribute to Michael Jackson. Nor is it a recounting of who won at this year's academy awards. Rather, it is the highlights and lowlights about my 2009 from how I experienced it. Feel free to write your own and link it in the comments if you wish.

The Good Stuff:

1. Wizard 101: I love this game. Its fun, relaxing and has a whimisical art style that I really enjoy. The gameplay is a mix between an MMO, a turn based RPG and a collectable trading card game. There is lots to do, including questing, having pets, crafting, decorating a house and playing mini games. $9.99 per month, or $6.95 each for two or more accounts linked together. http://www.wizard101.com

2. Going to Florida: It was nice to see Florida again, as I had not been there since I was 11 or 12. Going with my parents was a lot different then going with my grandma and grandpa when I was younger, but it was still a fun adventure and a way to get away from my normal routine. (Although I did miss Jay.)

3. Jay's Visits: So far there have been three of these and we are working toward the next one now, and hoping it will be before I go to Florida again (if I do go again). Meeting person to person, as opposed to via the internet, has definately added strength and foundation to our relationship, moving it past being merely an "online thing". My family actually recognizes that he is real and legitimate. Fun or funny memories include randomly deciding to bake a cake together at 9 p.m., going to see "Taken" and "Star Trek" in theatres, sharing our first kiss (this is a public blog -- that is all you guys are getting from me!) and discovering quirky or amusing habits about the other that cannot be found via a computer.

4. Terrie & Merissa: I usually think my brothers choose idiots to date, but I get along perfectly fine with Terrie and her (now 5-year-old) daughter, Merissa. Most of my socializing takes place online. Its nice to make new friends who are local though.

5. Games -- Small Number, High Quality: There were not a ton of games out this year that I wanted, but I seemed to have the golden touch all the same. The games that I did want -- with regards to Xbox 360, anyway! -- tended to be good games. The ones that spring most quickly to mind are Brutal Legend, Dragon Age: Origins and Borderlands.

6. iPod Touch: Yes, I actually broke down and spent $300+ on an iPod Touch. And I am very happy with my purchase, and it is doing quite a splendid job of keeping me amused and coming up with small ways to break up random bordom. It now has its own hot pink & silver headphones with gel covers (making my ears not hurt) and a hot pink semi-clear case, making it look cute & feminine. All it needs at this point is a car kit, a car charger and a wall charger so that it will be ready to travel.

THe Bad:

1. Muffy had to be put to sleep: Muffy II, my grandmother's adorable yorkie-poo, had to be put to sleep as he was being diagnosed with multiple medical conditions and he was in a great deal of pain. Take care of grandpa with Baby, Belle, Bandit, Cuddles and Muffy 1 for us, little buddy.

2. PlayStation 3 Woes: When will I learn to say "No."? (Or perhaps just listen to Jay a little more often -- heaven forbid! :p ) I spent over $1,000 on my PS3 in games, console and accessories... Only to have it taken by my brother for $100 because he does not have any other form of entertainment and "I don't need it.". Will I ever get a new one? I am not sure. I *hate* repeat purchasing things. I really do need to decide, though, because if I don't plan to I could always use the trade in value of my PS3 games to get something else. (DSi or Xbox 360 upgrades, anyone?)

3. Throwing up in the van: This one was just totally gross. For two weekends in a row during October, I woke up feeling sick to my stomach and vomited without any real logical reasons. Not life threatening, as it has not continued. Just a little gross and embarrassing.

4. Modern Warfare 2: Huge waste of money. Call of Duty games just seem to ooze rotten luck for me though. I am really not a fan of the franchise at this point. (I was neutral on it before.) Forcing me to listen to guys try to guess the size of my boobs (among other stupid things) is not a good way to keep my business, ActiVision.

No comments:

Post a Comment