Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Well not -yet- but it is coming. And I am getting two very awesome things that I know about: a PS3 and a trip to Build-a-Bear Workshop. I am pretty excited! In less then three weeks I am going to be 29 (Oh goody.) but the cool new "toys" are definitely the main attraction. Today's post is just a quick jotting down of the games I am thinking of getting, a few video reviews of them and my thoughts.

DC Universe Online

Yes, I did just buy this for the PC. Yes, I do hate buying things twice. But Jay is saying he would like to play with rN and Shawn and RJ also seem fine with this, so to the ps3 it seems we are going. This is what has started this whole "buy a PS3" thing. It replaced my original "Buy a lifetime sub to DCUO" plan very quickly -- sorry, SoE. While the fact that I am getting this game is pretty solid, when I plan to pick it up is a bit up in the air. I don't really want to get this until Jay does.


Mod Nation Racers

I have been waiting a very, very long time to play this. I bought my first PS3 with this in mind and then gave that to Mike & Terrie (winning me the award for nicest sister of all time, no doubt. :p ) It is going to pay off that I gave it to them and that I waited to get this game though. Why? Amazon has it for $40, plus RJ only just got it. If it is good I could get Terrie & Mikey their own copy to share with Merissa as well. This is one of the games I will likely be buying right away.


Little Big Planet 1 & 2

The original Little Big Planet was *the game* when I got my first PS3 but I gave that to Mikey & Terrie when I gave them the system. As I am not an asshole, I am not going to go "Give it back". Rather, I am debating whether to get the GOTY version of the first game or to say screw it and get the new one. I am sure I will get a version of LBP 1 or 2 within the near future -- its only which one that is questionable.



Valkyria Chronicles

This was on my wish list when I got my first PS3 but I never had the opportunity to grab it. Its going to need to be an Amazon purchase and will likely be timed for when I see either Amazon or a local seller from Ontario selling a new copy at a good price. This is going to be exciting and I cannot wait!


3D Dot Game Heroes

I am curious about this one but its not so much of a 'must own' as some of the above. The idea of playing a tribute to old school Zelda on a much larger screen is appealing, as is getting to make my own little block hero. We shall have to see. For $30 on Amazon.ca it is a pretty good deal.


Ratchet & Clank

I have one of these games that I loaned Mikey & Terrie and there is one that released that I have not played yet. I was really enjoying the one I had and will likely get that back since I doubt any of them actually use it. Buying the new one is tempting because it is already on sale at Amazon despite getting a 9 from IGN.


Heavy Rain

I've been told this is quite the experience. I am admittedly hesitant to get this since to me it really does seem like a giant rte with great writing. I adore good writing. Real time events, though? Not so much. Depending on how fast you need to hit them it might be okay, but it is still a game that I need to keep an eye on.


Demon's Souls

Yes, it appears I am secretly a masochist. I want to play Demon's Souls. And I will likely suck at it a lot. I doubt that this will be the first game I instinctively grab, but I need to be honest at least here on my blog. I want to see how I would do at this. Although, maybe Jay or Shawn should get it and I could try their copy. Even at $40 its a bit pricey for a frisbee. ^.^


Eye Pet

I love cute things. Anyone who knows me knows this. So its no surprise that I am in danger of being suckered in by Sony's too-cute pet game that utilizes their new move technology. I enjoy games on the Wii as long as they do not get too crazy so getting a move might not be a total waste. This is not something that I would likely buy right away, but it is on my wanted list.


And there you have it. I am sure there are other great games I will enjoy but these are the ones that have my attention right now. Any thoughts? What should I buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment