Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yay for May!

Ah, May. The perfect month. Lots of sunshine, less sunburn. Blue skies with puffy white clouds. The full allure of spring, summer and early fall unfolding before us like a fresh white page on a canvas, awaiting our attention to bring forth what is to come. Can you tell this is one of my favorite months?

And it is so with good reason this year. There are tons of awesome things coming out in May 2010, ranging from the ridiculous (and possibly raunchy) to the utterly sublime. Books, games, a new tarot deck... If you are curious what has caught my attention this month feel free to read on. Some of this is no surprise, but some might shock you.

This game looks pretty cool. I love strategy RPGs and this was on a list for me from Amazon.com. I have definately struggled over whether to get it or not, but my research indicates that there are only going to be 100,000 english copies for the Xbox 360 so I suppose I will be viewing this as a (somewhat kinky and cheesy) collectors item. What the heck is in the picture? Well, for starts there is the game of course (which does come in its own 360 case -- I don't have to make that gigantic box fit in my lazy susan table! But along with the game you also get a game soundtrack CD (cool) as well as a pillow case and a mousepad which has the wrist rest shaped as gel filled boobs. I'm not joking, ether. As a girl I am still wondering precisely what I am going to do with *that* piece of "fan service". Anyway, here are a couple videos for shits and giggles:

American Release Trailer. Click here for a better version, as I can't seem to get this video to fit on my blog properly.

The "Very Naughty" Limited Edition

I love the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast and book 7 just came out on April 27th. I don't have it yet, so it gets to be in my May article. Anyway, reviews on Amazon have been mixed from what I have read, but they were also mixed for Hunted, which is the book I am reading right now (HoN book 5) and I am enjoying it, so I am not overly worried. I will have to see what I think once I am all caught up on the serie and (*groan*) waiting for the next installment.

Cute looking tarot sets must be purchased! Shadowscapes definitely fits this category, plus it is one of those sets that comes with a nice book to boot. And so it goes on my Wish List (along with The Fairy Ring Oracle, which I still have yet to get.) I don't have much to say on it here but keep your eyes peeled for a post with some images and links to reviews.


This is May's crowning achievement, a game Jay and I are getting together, and an experience that I am counting down the days for. And it all started because I thought the horses in the trailers were cute. I do realize that this game is not "cute" as a whole. It is actually going to be quite gritty and challenging. Case in point: ClipClop and Speedy (those are Jay and my horses in Lord of the Rings Online) can accidentally take a bullet to the head (or any other body part), resulting in quite a gory bloody mess. Sorry, ClipClop and Speedy!

On the plus side, however, the game looks like it is going to have quite a solid set of multiplayer options, boasting both traditional competitive modes as well as a Free Roam mode where we can just get on our horses, or go into town or (essentially) go anywhere and explore at our leisure. That is what *sold* me on the game. Anyway, here are a few trailers to whet your appetitie if you have been sleeping under a rock and don't really know what Red Dead Redemption is yet. Enjoy!

Multiplayer Free Roam Trailer

Competitive Multiplayer Trailer

My brother, Shawnie, got me a boxset of Vampire Academy of books as one of my birthday presents off Amazon this year and I really like the series. I picked up book four when I was in Florida. With all of this said, is it really a surprise that book 5 is on my May shopping list? Probably not.



I love the Dark Hunter series, but still, when an author does something like this it is always a gamble. Take a character integral to your series and do a book about them set in the past. This could be awesome or it could just be awe-inspiringly bad. Personally, though, I think that Sherrilyn Kenyon knows what she is doing, so getting this book will be a gamble that I am willing to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment